Saturday, October 22, 2011

Introducing Willow Ann

She is finally here!! Willow Ann Mortensen:
Me after pushing for more than 2 hours!! I am such a hottie!






Her Story:

 I went to the doctor on Friday, October 7th (2 days after my due date). The doctor was so funny and he wanted her to come. He scheduled me to be induced the next day. I was shocked, scared and super excited all at the same time.I went to work and announced to everyone and my anxiety went though the roof because of the unknown.

We woke up the next day at 6:00 a.m. (when I say that I woke up, I mean I just rolled out of bed- like I slept). We called the hospital to make sure they had enough rooms for me to be induced and the nurse said that the storm that came though but a lot of women into labor and I will have to call back at 9:30. So Matt and I went back to sleep. I woke up at 8:00 to go to the bathroom and I thought that my water broke. So be called the hospital and they were kind of annoyed until I told them that my water broke. Matt and I packed up all our stuff and drove to St. Mark's Hospital. I was having contractions pretty bad by the time we got to the hospital. We have to be registered to be admitted to the hospital so we went to this office, and the lady was talking on the phone and just taking her time. Finally, we got her attention and told her that I was in labor and things went really fast after that!

I got to my room and they wanted me to change into the gown. I could not figure out how to put the gown on for the life of me so I asked Matt for help and he just laughed for 15 minutes because it was so complicated- haha that really eased the tension. The nurse checked me out and gave the go ahead for an epidural. They had to administer the epidural twice because of a blood vessel in the way. It really wasn't that bad and it was totally worth it! My legs went numb and I didn't feel a thing except pressure so I could still feel when I had a contraction. Matt was starving so he went and go some pizza with Bill and Trent. While he was gone, the nurse checked me and told me that I was at a 8.5 cm! I told Matt to hurry back! About 30 minutes later I was at a 10 and it was time!

After over 2 hours of pushing she came! She was so so so beautiful. She was not slimy or bruised, she was perfect! She didn't even cry once! She was born at 4:17 p.m. She weighed 7 pounds and she was 19 inches long. They pocked and proded her and she didn't make a sound. She is the most peacefully baby ever.

We had to stay in hospital a little bit longer than we thought because Willow was dehydrated. She kept falling asleep when I nursed her and we couldn't wake her up!


No comments: